Work Permit Procedure:
- Pick up a work permit that corresponds to your age in your high school Principal’s Office. Form CA-7 is for students who are ages 16 and 17. Form CA-6 is for students who are UNDER 16. During the summer months, work permits may be picked up from the Personnel Office in the Administration Building (1585 Meisner Road, East China, MI) Monday – Thursday from 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Complete the student portion of the Work Permit.
- Take the work permit to the Employer, who will complete the Employer portion of the Work Permit.
- Bring the completed Work Permit to the Principals’ Office (Personnel Office during the summer), who will approve the Work Permit for you. The teenager must also bring at least one piece of identification showing birth date with the completed work permit before we can approve the request.
- Take the completed Work Permit to your employer, who will keep it on file.
Work Permit forms must be fully completed by both the teenager and the employer before the School District can issue a completed, approved Work Permit.