Marine City Middle Events Calendar
Latest Marine City Middle News
- Food Bags: Tomorrow, Thursday April 2nd is a food bag distribution day at the Marine City Complex. Under the guidance of the health department we’ve made some recommended changes to our distribution. We are no longer able to hand bags in through windows. Instead, we will be placing the number of the bags needed on the sidewalk and you will need to grab them to put them into your vehicle.
- Starting next week, food bag distribution will be reduced to one day per week and moving to Wednesdays from 11-1 to fall in line with the stay at home order.
- Future food bag dates are: 4/8, 4/15, 4/22, and 4/29 from 11am to 1pm.
- We are expecting to provide the same amount of food, just distributed one day per week instead of two.
- Starting next week we will also be reducing from three pick up sites, down to two, the Marine City Complex and St. Clair HIgh School. Gearing Elementary will not be used to distribute food bags starting next week.
- Building Access: The building has been completely cleaned and disinfected and as such continues to be closed.
- Playgrounds and School Equipment: While the shelter in place order is in place playgrounds and other recreational gathering places should not be used. This includes the tennis courts and track at the Marine City Complex as well as the Little League playground and the playgrounds of the ECSD elementary schools.
- Michigan School Announcements: Governor Whitmer is expected to make announcements tomorrow (Thursday) at 11 am about schools in the State of Michigan. The East China School District will send out communication shortly afterward in terms of how that looks at our local level.
More Marine City Middle News
Hello Mariner Families, I hope that this email finds you safe and healthy. The situation that we find ourselves in is both scary and difficult, but we will make it through this together. I have a few items for you below for you to think about as we all practice...
Greetings, During the school closure, the East China School District is excited to be providing meals for any student/child under the age of 18 years old. Starting Tuesday, March 17 we will offer pick-up and go meal service at the following locations. Meals will...
Good Afternoon Mariner Families, Please find the Mariner Memo for the week ending Friday, March 13th, 2020. This edition is focused mostly on the situation that we currently face in our schools, state, and country. We do also have some focus points on students and the...