ALL STUDENTS MEALS ARE FREE FOR THE 2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR!
We are thrilled to be back serving your child for the 2021-2022 school year! After adapting our service last year, we will continue with breakfast in the classroom at the elementary level, with lunch in the cafe. At the secondary level, breakfast and lunch will be available in the cafe. To kick off the new year, we wanted to share a few things you and your child can look forward to when it comes to mealtime.
Lunch is FREE for ALL Students in the 2021-2022 School Year!
Thanks to flexibilities provided by the USDA’s National School Lunch Program, students will have the opportunity to enjoy breakfast and lunch at no cost throughout the academic year. Students must select a meal which meets USDA guidelines and include a fruit or vegetable with their meal for it to count towards the free meal. A la Carte items are available for purchase.
Food Kids Love to Eat
Chartwells’ team of chefs and dietitians are working to bring even more variety to our menus featuring new recipes with kid approved foods. This year we’re serving up:
- Theme Meals: Students can look forward to special theme meals and activities during lunch service, allowing students to explore new foods while having fun during lunch.
Programs that Encourage Fun and Discovery
Chartwells continues to inspire healthy eating habits and spark a culinary curiosity to last a lifetime through fun and engaging programs.
- Discovery Kitchen:Designed to make nutrition education fun and entertaining, Chartwells chefs and dietitians have worked together to create curriculums that get kids cooking, trying new foods, and learning about what they’re eating.
- Student Choice:Giving middle and high school students a voice in deciding what food concepts are featured and new menu items that will be available; Student Choice brings the latest food trends to school menus.
- Mood Boost:This innovative program helps elementary and middle school students connect what they eat with how they feel. It features recipes and characters that focus on six moods: Smart, Happy, Confident, Alert, Strong and Calm.
Through sharing our passion for great tasting food, instilling a desire for food discovery, and most importantly, providing nourishing meals, we’re excited to continue serving up happy and healthy to your children in the year ahead. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at (810) 676-1112.
Julie Humphrey, Director of Dining Services
For more information about Chartwells, visit www.eatlearnlive.com.
Food Service Director
The 2021-22 free and reduced lunch application is now available. Please find in the links below some helpful documents on filling out an application.
E-Funds for Schools Website
Menus and Nutrition Information
- June Elementary Breakfast Allergens
- June Elementary Breakfast Carb Counts
- June Elementary Breakfast Menu
- June Elementary Lunch Allergens
- June Elementary Lunch Carb Counts
- June Elementary Lunch Menu
- June Secondary Breakfast Allergens
- June Secondary Breakfast Carb Counts
- June Secondary Breakfast Menu
- June Secondary Lunch Allergens
- June Secondary Lunch Menu
- June Staff Menu
- May Elementary Breakfast Allergens
- May Elementary Breakfast Carbs
- May Elementary Breakfast Menu
- May Elementary Lunch Allergens
- May Elementary Lunch Carbs
- May Elementary Lunch Menu
- May Secondary Breakfast Allergens
- May Secondary Breakfast Carbs
- May Secondary Breakfast Carbs
- May Secondary Lunch Allergens
- May Secondary Lunch Menu
- May Staff Menu
- Smart Snacking Fun Facts
- Spice it up Fun Facts
- 2021-22 Free and Reduced Food Application
- 2021-22 Frequently Asked Questions - ADA
- 2021-22 How to Apply for Free & Reduced School Meals
- 2021-22 Summer School National School Lunch Program Letter
- E-Funds for Schools
- E-Funds Registration
- Field Trip Order Form
- Sport Meal Order Form
- Student Identification Cards
- USDA Non-Discrimination Statement